Friday, March 20, 2020

Popular: Isaac WHITE Blakey #52Ancestors 52 Weeks

Who is the most popular person on my family tree ? I looked and found out that Isaac  WHITE Blakey has 68 family trees on him on ancestry.com. I wonder why?

Who was Isaac WHITE Blakey? 
Isaac was my 2nd Great Grandfather. He's' my father's father, John's father.  He was enslaved in Missouri since he was born in 1845. He became a free man sometime in his teens. He ended up in Natchez Mississippi serving in the Union Army from Nov 1, 1863 - May 13, 1866.  His name was Private Isaac BLAKER. 

Isaac Blakey May 13, 1866

Who was Isaac BLAKEY?

He was the son of Andrew WHITE and Julia (FINNEY) WHITE. They were from VA.  Isaac was the only known member of his family that choose the surname BLAKEY.  He had about 11 siblings.

Isaac married his first wife, Martha (SCOTT) BLAKEY in Feb of 1870.  Martha passed in 1871. He had twin sons by Martha who later passed in 1871 in Missouri. 


Isaac married his second wife was Rachel ( JACKSON  / LEPHRIDGE) BLAKEY in July of 1873. He was the father of 18 by Rachel who passed in 1916.  Isaac passed on Dec 23, 1917 in Missouri.

I don't know why people created a family tree on Isaac on ancestry.com. Some searchers are related to me. And some have matched my DNA. As for the others searchers, I guess they are connected by marriage and not by blood. Whichever way, Isaac is popular. He was a Civil War veteran. He was wounded.

Thanks for reading.

Popular:Isaac WHITE Blakey  52 Ancestors 52 Weeks: Week 12
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment