Sunday, March 1, 2020

Going Back Over What I've Discovered On BBW Family Connections

 I'm still searching for my family connections.   There are things I haven't made progress on.  Those brick walls won't move. It feels like I'm in a dry spell. So, I've been going back over what I have. And seeing if I missed something.

As I'm documenting my discoveries, I remind myself to give credit to the sources that I find. I have been proof reading what I come across.  And I've noticed that  there are a number of searchers who have been attaching or taking what I have as their own find. We should clarify where our sources comes from.

I see that people have added tombstones to some of my family connections on Find A Grave. I'm thankful for that and their teamwork. I  haven't found new DNA connections that I know to attach to a branch. I noticed that many people don't have a full family tree and have private accounts.


Favorite Discovery: Blakey WHITE Family #52Ancestors 52 Weeks

During the Summer of 2008, I was searching for information on my Great Grandfather, Isaac Blakey on ancestry.com.  I had no luck,  locating him on the 1870 and 1880 censuses. Then, I had a thought to type in Isaac White.  I searched and searched. Then one day, I came to some discovery that I didn’t expect.
It was on June 28, 2008, I made the discovered that my Great Grandmother, Julia (Finney) White was on the 1880 census. Something on the inside of me jumped for joy
when I saw her name on my computer screen. I said out loud, “Thank You, Jesus!”

I started singing and praising God . I keep looking at the screen. I have located my ancestors. What an accomplishment!

There is more... click the above link if your interesting in reading more. 
I have listed the Family Connections group below. I continue to add new information to each group. I hope that you find your family connections.

The link to The Blakey Blakley WHITE Family Connections.

Thanks for reading.
Happy Spring!
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment