Saturday, February 24, 2018

The 8th Week ~ Heirloom #52ancestors 52 Weeks


What's been handed down from generations to generation? One thing, was our family surname. And the other, the faith in Jesus Christ that our ancestors told us about.

Though my family surname was changed at least two times it's our "heirloom" or what's our inheritage. My Great Grandpa Isaac's family was carried the WHITE surname. Sometime along the journey Isaac choose the BLAKEY surname. And he was the only one of his siblings with that surname.

Isaac had twin sons by his first wife, Martha (Scott) Blakey. Their name were Andrew and John. Andrew passed as an infant.  John later changed his surname to BLAKLEY around 1902. His children carry the BLAKLEY surname.

When I first thought about this blog, I was thinking of what special item that has been passed down in my family. I can't think of any objects from one generation to the next.  There may have been. Perhaps, the family stories, pictures that we need to share more of.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment