The death notice of Mr. Vic Reed was published in the Moberly Weekly Monitor in Moberly, Missouri on Friday, August 27, 1915 on page 1. ~ I searched for his Missouri death certificate. I discovered that it was not there. I questioned the records and searched to find the answers.

From what I learned about Vic Reed.
Mr. Vic Reed at age 24 married Miss Ceola White at age 22 on Saturday, September 25, 1909 in Moberly. Missouri. He passed at his home at 222 North Ault Street in Moberly, Missouri. I couldn’t located him on any census as Vic Reed.
I wondered. So, I searched all the all the Vics and Victors in Randolph County for death certificate. Which one fits the date of death of Vic Reed which was on Thursday, August 26, 1915. I disccovered that Reed was not his surname on his death record. He was listed as Victor Palmer. His mother’s name was Dolly Roberts.
I searched for Vic Palmer on the 1900 Missouri census. And located him in Moberly, Randolph County. He was listed as a border, living in household of Jim Head at age 25. Ironically, there were other boarders listed. They were Henretta Reed at age 46 , and Lucy Reed at age 26, Albert Evans at age 9, Sodonia Head at age 4, Edward Head at age 2, and William Thorp ( Thorps) at age 1. Vic Palmer who was at age 12.
The informant on Vic Palmer’s death record was. Ledonia / Sodonia Davis. She was living in Moberly, Missouri. According to Sedonia’s obituary. Mrs. Sedonia Davis was born in Moberly Missouri on July 15, 1896 and passed on April 14, 1918 in Des Moines Iowa. She was the daughter of Lucille (Lucy Wilson) Head Latimore and Albert Latimore.
Henrietta Reed’s maiden name was Turner according to an Iowa marriage record of Lucy (Wilson) Head to Albert Latimore in 1934. James “Jim” Head was the son of Henry Head. James passed in 1915 in Moberly, Missouri. The informant of James’ death record was. Ledonia / Sodonia Davis. James’ mother was Ellen Williams Head Jones.
Thank you for reading.
Question the Records About Vic And Found Answers
I wondered why Sodonia stated on Victor’s death record that his surname was Palmer? Vic went by the of Reed suranme. Perhaps his mother’s maiden name was Palmer and his father was Reed.
How am I connect to Vic?
His wife Ceola (White) Reed was the cousin to my Grandfather John Blakey Blakley.
Celoa’s father was Spencer White and John’s father Isaac White Blakey were brothers
God bless you
S.A. Blakley
May 9, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment